Saturday, February 4, 2012

Copyright Issues and Content in my blog

I've received a note from a person that stated they would rather I do not post images on my blog.  I certainly don't want to be seen as "taking credit" for all the images I share on my blog and I apologize to any that see their work on my page without their information associated with it.  I do normally state "thanks for sharing" from that it's easy to assume that I did not create the work.

When I post an image and you recognize it as your own please send me information that you'd like to associate with that image or ask that I remove it .  Some people do not like to have their names listed in social media.

This has all been just in fun and I don't want to violate any statutes existing in copyright law.
Below is information I've found in Facebook Policy and other legal sites regarding copyright material.

After reviewing Facebook policy in regards to copyright violations I have came to the conclusion that when Images and Text are published using the public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off Facebook to access and use that information and to associate it with you.

Review legal policy as stated in facebook.  CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment